DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING A COMMISSION IS GENERATED IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THESE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.
Think of your old saw, cutting was tedious, right? And now a power tool comes with a motor.
The addition of the motor reduces the work that the operator has to do, and sometimes makes it possible for the operator to do things that are difficult or impossible to do by hand.
Common power tools include the drill, various types of saws, the router, the electric sander, and the lathe.
What is a Good Power Tool?
Power tools are commonly used around the world, with many applications being found for their labor-saving convenience. They have made many a small business possible, either by providing the means for construction and maintenance of a business space or providing the means to provide the service of the business, such as in the case of small contractors, plumbers, repair people, and roofers; anyone who Hammers cuts, Drills, and Saws for a living.
The modern home benefits from power tools every day. From the simplicity and benefit of a battery-operated screwdriver for turning those hard to get to screws to the raw power and debris-eating appetite of a hopper, the power tool has made life much easier for the average homeowner.
Although it has a relatively high cost on Amazon at $529.00. The DEWALT 20V (DCK940D2) Max Cordless Drill Combo Kit is a great option. Individually many of the items are over $100 so this combo kit is a good choice to save money and have a good range of power tools in one go.
- 1/4″ Impact Driver
- Reciprocating Saw
- Circular Saw
- Oscillating Multi-Tool
- Compact Drill/Driver
- 3/8″ Right Angle Drill/Driver
- Jobsite Bluetooth Speaker
- LED Worklight
- 2 Batteries and a Charger
The following facts shall be taken into account when considering the quality power tools.
- Power consumption
- Reputation of the products
There are different prices for different types of power tools used. The prices of some of the power tools are as follows
- Drills – at around $100
- Grinders – at around $ 50
- Saws – at around $ 100 – $200
Some of the popular brands of power tools are
- DeWalt is part of the Black & Decker Company, it is a different division, and Dewalt tools are usually good in quality.
- Delta power tools are usually good quality, but pricey.
- Makita power tools are usually near the top but not the best performer to last forever.
- Bosch is also a good brand.
Some of the top-priced power tools are made by major manufactures like DeWalt.
There are also other brands such as Panasonic, Hitachi, etc.
Depending upon the job employed, Variety of power tools are available in the stores, of which some of them are as follows:
- Band saw
- Belt Sander
- Circular saw
- Concrete saw
- Disc sander
- Heat gun
- Radial arm saw
- Random orbital sander
- Rotary tool (such as Dremel)
- Table saw
- Thickness planer
- Wood router
Good Power Tool Safety:
The safety precautions to be followed while operating the power tools are as follows:
- Do not use a tool in an explosive or flammable atmosphere
- Inspect the tool before using it to determine that it is clean, and all moving parts operate freely
- Do not load the tool unless it is to be used immediately
- Do not leave a loaded tool unattended, especially where it would be available to unauthorized persons or children.
- Never point the tool at anyone.
- For eye protection wear safety glasses.
- For ear protection wear earplugs or domes
- Wear gloves for your hands.
- There should be a first aid kit in the factory or at the place of work.
It is important to ensure you buy only the power tools that you actually need. Also make sure that you know exactly how to use the power tool safely and correctly prior to using it.
In Rural Living: 15 Useful Tips For Your New Life Tip 7 Learn How To Fix The Basics/Essentials becomes far easier to achieve with access to power tools.
Going Rural is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and or Amazon.co.uk PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.