DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING A COMMISSION IS GENERATED IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THESE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.
Solar Power Info
Perhaps everyone knows what solar power is. For many years, solar power has been in use. However, because of the inefficiency of the gadgets available, it hasn’t be utilized to its fullest potential.
Researchers and scientists are continuously making improvements. So even ordinary people can now use the power of the sun for their homes and for businesses. If you’re looking for solar information, you’ve come to the right place.
To understand solar power better, you must know some of its components. Firstly, take a look at photoelectric or photovoltaic cells. These cells are responsible for converting the sun’s rays into electricity. So, the solar panel contains photovoltaic cells that produce the needed energy. With a square meter of the solar panel, you can already generate enough electricity to light a 100w light bulb.
Solar power can heat water in your homes as well. You will simply install glass panels on the roof and that’s heat. A solar thermal system can decrease your monthly electric bills.
Are you familiar with solar furnaces? It makes use of mirrors to capture sunlight and provides high temperatures.
When using solar power, you need to know its good points and bad points. Solar energy can help in reducing pollution and waste. You will no longer depend on fuels for energy. The best feature of all is that it is totally free (that is, once you’ve installed a system).
Small villages that are located far from conventional energy sources can benefit from solar energy. If you live in a sunny country, solar energy is easier to use. More sun allows you to use the system to the fullest. However, since resources are limited, very few are able to enjoy its benefits.
Solar energy is renewable and you can use it for many different purposes. Examples are solar calculators, garden lights and fountains, and battery chargers. As long as the sun shines in the morning, you will get a renewable source of energy.
Solar Power Problems
The problem faced by researchers today is that many places don’t get enough sunlight all throughout the year. The solar power devices can work more effectively in places where the sun is brightly shining. Some places don’t enjoy too much sunlight and this is where solar power becomes unreliable.
A very good example is the United Kingdom. In the UK, you will find solar power used in low-powered or small devices. Modern advancements in solar technology are helping to produce better power systems. These can generate more power even in locations such as the UK.
In the US particularly in California, solar power is in use in many homes and establishments. The Los Angeles area gets a lot of sunshine and because of this, it’s much easier to generate solar energy. California’s goal is to increase the use of solar power consumption to 10% in the coming years. The use of solar power is enhanced by the advancements in technology constantly. Scientists and researchers are discovering new ways to use solar power to the fullest.
Several years ago, using solar power was rather expensive but today, you can already enjoy its benefits for as low as $200. The solar power systems kits are very affordable and you can use them to light your garden and other outdoor lights. If you can expand the system, you will soon be able to use it indoors.
You will know what solar power is by knowing its main uses. So whenever you see the sun, you will know that energy can be generated from it through the use of special devices and equipments.
Facts on Solar Power
The world is facing a lot of problems including that of environmental concerns like pollution and global warming. Despite these problems, people should not despair. In every problem, there is always a solution and this solution has been available for many years now. It’s just that many people fail to realize its importance and efficacy.
Researchers and scientists discovered solar power many years ago. However, because of the lack of technological knowledge, the idea was not pursued. Solar power was only in use for powering small electrical devices. But now, with the great technological advancements, people are hoping that solar power will soon become widely accessible even to ordinary individuals.
In the US, solar power is used in the different states but it’s not that prevalent. Huge solar panels are quite expensive and ordinary people can’t afford to pay for them. You can now find solar power kits which are less costly and the price range from $200 to $500.
Before you consider using solar power, here are some facts that you need to be aware of:
- Albert Einstein received a Nobel Prize in 1921 for his experiments on photovoltaic and solar power.
- Silicon from a ton of sand can be used in photovoltaic panels to generate the same amount of electricity that a 500,000 T of burning coal can produce.
- 10,000 US households are now using solar energy to power their homes.
- John Herschel (British Astronomer) was able to cook food by using solar power 200 years ago during his African journey.
- In 1982, the first large scale power plants were opened in California.
- If you can use solar energy in your home’s heating system, you can slash the electric bill by 50%.
- In the last thirty years, the price of solar panels has dropped considerably by at least 200%. Solar power kits can now be purchased from $200-$500.
- In the year 2000, USDOE claimed that solar power is almost perfect (99%) in San Francisco; since California gets a lot of sunlight, 200 megawatts of green electricity can be generated if all the rooftops of county buildings and homes are covered with PV panels. By including school buildings, an added 1,500 megawatts is achievable. The generated power is enough to cover the cityís electrical needs during an entire day.
- Germany is now using solar power despite its undesirable climate. The energy generated during sunny days is stored in batteries.
- Energy from the sun travels for approximately 8 minutes to reach Earth.
If you’re interested in solar power and you want to try it out, you should start with a kit. It is affordable and easy to assemble. The materials can be purchased from local hardware stores and the guides are easy to understand as well.
Make sure that you purchase a kit that is manufactured by a prominent and trusted company to ensure efficiency. Some manufacturers also provide warranty for 10-15 years; take advantage of these great deals.
The facts mentioned earlier will help you to decide whether you can benefit from using solar or not. Therefore, if you live in an area where there is lots of sunlight all throughout the year, solar energy is an excellent choice. Moreover, this energy is free and clean. After your initial investment, you no longer have to pay for the energy.
Common Solar Energy Systems for Homes
Are you one of those homeowners who are dreaming of having solar-powered homes? Perhaps you’re already familiar with DIY solar kits. The idea may sound inviting however a lot of people are scared to create their own solar energy system. Solar power is usually available in three kinds. You too can use any of these powers gradually.
People usually associate solar energy with solar panels. But you see, solar panels are not the only source of energy. You can choose among the several components known today.
Take a look at these solar components that you can use at home.
- Solar cookers: this is already a common way of using solar energy. Some people may find the cooker slow in terms of performance but if you’re not rushing, you can surely cook on time. You can use the solar cooker to roast, bake, and boil. This is best suited for a small family with a maximum of 5 members. You will no longer need fuel since you will be using only sunshine. There are also no emissions or smoke.
- Solar thermal systems: this is an ambitious system but itís simply an update of the oldest known consumer technology. In this system, you will need solar panels. From the panels, the sun’s heat is transferred to a water tank. The water in the tank is heated. Your home can also be heated by putting some pipes. This was already available back in the 80s but it was rather expensive. Today, the thermal systems are more affordable and efficient.
- Solar generators- many homeowners are now utilizing solar generators for alternative energy. The generator uses a photovoltaic cell, where the power inverter is hooked. Also, you can use the solar generators for your lighting system at home. The electrical power is stored in the batteries for later use. By using solar generators, it would be possible to run some electrical appliances. If you have $200, you can already create the generator. Small generators are also available on amazon like the FlashFish
A wealth of information can be found on the net if you do your homework and look for useful info. By purchasing the DIY kits, you can create your own solar energy system. There are also instructional materials available online that provide step by step instructions on how to create solar panels or cells. It would help a lot if you conduct a search online and read the step by step instructions there; that way, you can determine if you can carry out the project or not. There are 12-volt kits for RV’s available like the Renogy 200 Watts kit on Amazon
Plan A Solar Energy System
Solar power systems are not that difficult to create especially if you already have a considerable knowledge about it. All you will need to do now is to establish a workable budget so that you can start with the right project that you can afford. You can start with very simple solar energy systems for your home like the solar generators.
The generators are much more affordable and easy to make. After some time, you can now make more complicated plans like the thermal systems. Also, solar energy for homes is an excellent alternative to those who want to save on electricity and help save the earth.
Don’t think twice and if you have the money to purchase the materials to make solar energy systems, go for it. In the coming months, you will surely benefit from it.
These books from Amazon are a great way you learn more
Going Rural is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and or Amazon.co.uk PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.