DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING A COMMISSION IS GENERATED IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THESE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.
Simplifying Your Life: 5 Great Ways To Start Now
We only have so much room in our lives. Whether it is our mental space, physical space, or calendar space, everything we do, everything we buy, and everyone we spend time with takes up this space.
When you simplify your life, you will have more time, space, and energy to do the things you actually want to do! Once you start to find serenity in the great outdoors, you will also want it within your everyday life
Try these methods for simplifying your life:
1. Declutter your house
The environment you spend time in has an effect on how you feel, both physically and psychologically. If you’re wasting time looking for misplaced items or feeling overwhelmed when you open a cupboard, a change is in order.
● Once you start to organize your belongings, you’ll start to feel more productive and energetic.
● Start with one room and then ask yourself whether you feel better or not.
The Declutter Challenge available on Amazon is a great way to start your decluttering adventure
2. Lose those negative mental habits
Negative mental activities, such as feeling sorry for yourself or dwelling on the past, can carry a lot of psychological weight and leave you feeling drained.
● You can clear this mental clutter by focusing on healthier thoughts, for example, gratitude, self-compassion, and realistic self-talk.
● If you catch yourself thinking negatively, stop yourself by taking a deep breath and reminding yourself that it isn’t helpful. Then, switch your thoughts to something that makes you feel happier.
● As you practice this technique, it becomes easier and easier until focusing on the positive becomes a habit.
Declutter Your Mind from Amazon is ideal in helping you to take your decluttering adventure internally.
3. Cut out toxic people.
We all have that friend or family member who only sees problems and never any solution. These negative people can take up valuable space in your life. This can be the hardest way to simplifying your life, yet maybe the most important.
● Avoid cutting people out of your life just because they are going through a tough time. However, it is important to set boundaries too.
● Even if you don’t spend too much time together, if the time you do spend together leaves you feeling exhausted, then sometimes the best thing to do for your own mental health is to sever your ties.
Toxic People is a helpful book from Amazon in ways of approaching this difficult process
4. Take control of your money
When you don’t control your money, your money begins to control you, instead. When that happens, it takes up too much space in your life.
● Make the decision to take charge of your finances, create a budget, and stick to it. Once you have done this, making future financial decisions will be much simpler, and you won’t be spending as much time and energy worrying about your money.
Budgeting 101 is a useful book from Amazon for getting you started in taking control of your money.
5. Prioritize your time
Time is your most valuable resource. When you consider how much of your time you spend complaining, scrolling through social media, or just waiting for something to happen, you’ll find that you’ve been wasting many precious moments.
● Instead of letting timewasters take up your space, make a schedule and do the things that matter most to you!
● Make time for yourself to go for a walk, play with your children, or watch the sunset. Many simple things in life make up some of our most valuable moments. Don’t let the clutter cut these precious experiences out of your life!
Life can be complicated at times, and while it may feel as though simplifying things is overwhelming, the effort to make these changes will be well worth it.
Start off by subtracting one negative thing from your life each day. Get rid of some stuff you no longer need, try to clear some mental space, and make a little room in your calendar for yourself.
As your life becomes simpler, you won’t have as many stresses, and you’ll find yourself enjoying your life again – a joy that you may have lost little by little as your life got more and more complicated.
Simplify your life and bring back your joy!
Going Rural is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and or Amazon.co.uk PLEASE READ THE Affiliate Disclaimer FOR MORE INFO.